Have you ever missed out on a sales or promotional opportunity because you found out about the dates too late? Or have you ever had to scramble at the last minute to put a promotion together? Been there, done that, right? Stop missing out on revenue opportunities and avoid the last-minute rush by creating a marketing promotional calendar.
In addition to all the great first quarter promos, here are some tips to help you start 2023 with a bang. It’s time to review and clean up your marketing and set yourself up for success!
- Make sure your marketing is fresh. Review your collateral, give it a fresh re-do. Even the same info can look appealing if presented in a new format. Make sure to leave white space, and when in doubt, less is more.
- Review your pricing structure and simplify it for your guests. This is the time to make changes or corrections to your pricing.
- Review your website! Make sure that it is an extension of your marketing collateral. Does it look fun? Does it show people having fun? Does it have typos? Is it dull? You don’t need a brand new one. Just review it and make changes that will make it easy for your guests to navigate. Don’t bury important information. Do a heat map, and make sure you are studying the traffic.
- Don’t forget to do the same for social media. Make sure you have a consistent method of posting fun, engaging posts. Make short videos, have your team as brand ambassadors, or have a savvy social media influencer help with some fun posts. Try a new SM channel in 2023.
- Check out our 2023 Reach Calendar. It’s chock-full of holidays and fun “days” for your center.
I’ll walk you through our 5 steps to show you how to create and fill out your entire calendar so at the end of this blog post, you have all your promotions planned out for the year.
- If you don’t have the 2023 Reach Calendar, purchase it now for immediate download. Review all the monthly promotions and fun holidays.
- Decide which promotions your center can easily achieve. Think about the promotion, logistics, and coupon codes you will need.
- Start your marketing calendar. Take it one quarter at a time. Plan the event/promos and work on getting it all on the calendar first.
- Review your calendar with your team and fine tune it. Work with your marketing/graphics team to set up your promotions/flyers/social media posts/invitations.
How To Brainstorm Your Marketing Promotional Ideas
So now that you’ve downloaded our 2023 Reach Calendar, you can start brainstorming ideas for your sales.
Look Back At Last Year
To start planning your promotional calendar, you’ll start by looking back at your past year. Ask yourself:
- What kind of promotions did you run?
- Were they run around certain holidays or seasons?
- What went well?
- What didn’t do well and why?
And then, finally, you need to determine which of those promotions you want to transfer over to this year’s calendar. But how can you keep track of them all? There are many tools you can use, but one of the easiest is to create a Google Marketing Calendar.